Seaford Allotments are situated within the residential area of Seaford enclosed by Vale Road, Hindover Road, Haven Brow and Sutton Drove, with the main entrance in Sutton Drove. They are available for Seaford and Bishopstone residents. There are approximately 191 allotments consisting of full and half plots. There is a mains water supply feeding water tanks positioned around the allotment site. Also on site is a large shed where compost, seeds and fertiliser can be purchased by plot holders and members of Seaford Horticultural Society.
Half of the allotment site is flat and the remaining area is on a slope. On part of the land on the Vale Road boundary is a conservation area consisting of a wild flower meadow and micro orchard, a small stumpery, a dye garden, two small wild life areas and an apiary. The allotment site was purchased by the Urban District Council of Seaford in 1922 for use as allotments for the ‘labouring’ population of Seaford. In 1986 a group of plot holders formed a Society for the plot holders to keep the site organised and tidy, and give them a voice to prevent the land being taken over for development by the landowners, Lewes District Council.
In 1990 the Seaford Allotment Society was formed as an independent group. In 1999 the site was transferred from Lewes District Council to Seaford Town Council and in March 2000 the Society negotiated a self-management agreement with Seaford Town Council who are the landlords.